Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

Well, if you read the Garden page, you'll know I agreed to try them.  Today's the day you and I both found out I LIKE them!!  No kiddin'!  So, my honey was right about salsa and scrambled eggs (yep, that's yummy also), and right about fried green tomatoes, too.  Here's how I fixed them:

Ingredients:
     2 c. Sliced green tomatoes
     2-3 Tbsp. cooking oil (I use grapeseed oil)
     Seasoning salt
     Black pepper

Pretty simple to do -- just put the oil in the skillet, add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.  Fry over medium heat until brown on both sides.  We like them almost slightly crunchy.  Tonight I fried a small yellow squash, sliced, with the tomatoes.  It turned out yummy, and I'm convinced!

No comments:

Post a Comment